PADI Divemaster Course – The first step to becoming a professional (Join the tribe)
The PADI Divemaster course is the first step in becoming a professional. The program welcomes you to the ranks of a PADI dive professional. Take the first step in your dive career and come join us at Thresher Cove for your training. Let’s have some fun in the sun in one of the world’s best climates and some of the best diving worldwide. We are waiting for you at Thresher Cove on Malapascua in the Philippines. A wonderful change in lifestyle awaits! The Divemaster rating is the most sought after professional qualification in the dive industry. See you soon, Future Dive Leaders.
PADI Divemaster Course
Enjoying the underwater world around Malapascua during your Divemaster course
Do you want to make diving you’re Career?
Love scuba diving? Want to share it with others on a whole new level? Take the PADI Divemaster course and do what you love to do as a career. Scuba divers look up to divemasters because they are leaders who mentor and motivate others. As a divemaster, you not only get to dive a lot, but also experience the joy of seeing others have as much fun diving as you do.
The PADI Divemaster course is your first level of professional training. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, first of all you’ll fine-tune your dive skills, like perfecting the effortless hover. Secondly you refine your rescue skills so you anticipate and easily solve common problems. Thirdly and most important you’ll gain dive knowledge, management and supervision abilities. As a result you become a role model to divers everywhere.
As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll lead others as you supervise scuba diving activities and assist with diver training. Whether you want to work at a faraway dive destination or close to home at a local dive shop, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you. PADI Divemasters are respected dive professionals. Subsequently you are aligned with the largest and most respected dive organization in the world – PADI.
The PADI Divemaster course is also the stepping stone to your next step as a dive professional. Become a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor. Have a look at our PADI IDC program.
PADI Divemaster Course
Various workshops are included in our Divemaster course. How to use a lifting device properly is just one of them.
PADI Rescue Divers who are at least 18 years old may enroll in the PADI Divemaster course. You also need to have:
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
NOTE that qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply. Ask us.
At Thresher Cove you will be prepared to be a Dive Professional anywhere in the world. Most importantly, with our worldwide career placement we can help you find a perfect job for you. For more information read up on our Divemaster internship.
PADI Divemaster Course
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
At Thresher Cove we also offer the PADI Deep Diver and Search and Recovery Diver specialty diver courses along with your divemaster training. This will help you meet all requirements and broaden your abilities.
In conclusion, join us for an exciting course in a tropical location. Come and see the thresher sharks with us and receive your Divemaster certification.
OUR PADI Divemaster Course offer;
- GO PRO Divemaster Package with 4 to 6 week Divemaster course is 49,000.-including taxes and boat fees.
- We include a minimum of 20 logged dives during training.
- On top of the course dives, we also offer 20 free fun dives. Except for tax, boat fees pending on destination) and equipment rental if required.
- We include 30 days in our divers dorm, an AC room w/ shared hot & cold shower.
- You will receive 2 DM intern t-shirts
- The Divemaster training crew pack is 12,000.-PHP (pending on exchange rates)
- The PADI Divemaster Application Fee for 2019 is AUD 210 (Australian Dollar) payable directly to PADI