IDC Malapascua Instructor Development
LIVE THE DREAM – TEACH DIVING
Participate in our IDC Malapascua Instructor development course. Join the most prestigious PADI training in the world. Become a professional PADI scuba instructor! Who doesn’t want to call the ocean his office?
With our PADI IDC this dream becomes reality! So, do you like people, have a passion for scuba diving and you want an extraordinary life? Join us. In other words, the Instructor development course is definitely the right choice for you.
We teach our IDC programs in English and can give language assistance in German, French and Dutch.
Our next PADI IDC starts 26th July 2019
Followed by IDC programs starting 29th September and 23rd November
The 2020 schedule will be published soon
IDC Malapascua Instructor Development
PADI IE February 2019 on Malapascua
The PADI instructor development course includes two parts:
- PADI assistant instructor course.
- PADI open water scuba instructor course.
At Thresher Cove Resort we teach a full PADI IDC. We don’t distinguish between the two sub courses.
First of all you need to complete your PADI IDC. Secondly, this will allow you to enter the PADI IE. You will be examined by a PADI examiner. The PADI IE takes place over a two day period. This is called the PADI Instructor Examination (PADI IE).
There are 2 extra modules to extend this training:
- PADI IDC preparation course (2 days and scheduled right before PADI IDC course. (This is FREE and part of our IDC course)
- EFR instructor course.
In conclusion, our PADI IDC program program is your final step in the quest to become a PADI Instructor. First of all complete the OWSI portion of the PADI IDC. You’ll learn to use and adapt the PADI System of diver education to individual student needs. Secondly, comprehensive training, supported by a wide variety of PADI educational materials, earns PADI Instructors respect from both students and peers.
Our PADI IDC takes 10 days including the EFRI. The two day PADI IE takes place right here on Malapascua. That is to say directly after our PADI IDC program. Similarly, PADI specialty instructor training takes another 3-4 days.
Prerequisites for IDC Instructor Development
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or equivalent.
- Be a certified diver for at least 6 months.
- Have 60 logged dives that include experience in night, deep and navigation diving. You’ll need 100 logged dives to take the Instructor Exams. To clarify, you also need to have proof of CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months.
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- You need to be at least 18 years old.
First of all, what happens during the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor program? For instance, you’ll learn the complete PADI System of diver education. Secondly, we will look into standards and procedures. Furthermore we look into effective academic teaching presentations. Likewise, we practice teaching in confined water and conducting open water training dives. On the other hand, there are also lots of additional related topics and workshops added to our IDC Instructor Development course. This is the real deal!
Extras we offer at Thresher Cove for IDC Malapascua Instructor Development:
In all of Thresher Cove IDC instructor development courses we offer the following extras :
- Emergency Oxygen Provider instructor Course
- Nitrox Instructor Course (you need to be certified as a Nitrox diver)
- Dorm room accommodation during the duration of the IDC and PADI IE
- Free breakfast during the duration of the PADI IDC and PADI IE
- Free Thresher Cove Resort t-shirt
- An internship during which you work with our experienced instructors. Receive guidance on how to teach in real life.